Adena


Character created by: Threnody

Name: Adena Maren [insert Bob's last name, whatever it is, here]

Format: Sprite

Apparent chronological age: About 4 (human years... I'm not even going to bother breaking my brain over the ReBoot equivalent) [Well, if we're getting technical, in binary terms she'd be 000100 - GB]

Gender: Female

Relatives: Parents: Bob and Dot; Uncles: Enzo/Matrix

Physical appearance: About 3'5", light blue skin, deep violet eyes. Long, slightly curly (whispies, and at the ends, mostly) silvery (chrome, silicon, whatever) hair, without bangs. Usually wears overalls and her hair pinned away from her face.

Origins/Background: If I have to tell you this, your parents did *not* do their job right. ;) Okay, okay. Um... I'm afraid there's not much background to a little kid. A background for her birth? Things have calmed down a bit... not quite an age of unparalleled peace, but no Net-wide crises, either. Bob and Dot have been 'together' a bit, and 'Dena just kind of... happened. Can we say "whoops"? ^^;

When?: Some vague number of the ReBoot equivalent to years in the future. I think of it as about 7-8 years ahead.

Personality: She's smart, observant, a wee bit spoiled. Somewhat impatient, *very* stubborn. The world revolves around her, which isn't very surprising for a small child. She processes things in how they will affect her life. Can be extremely manipulative- she wants what she wants and will do what she has to to get it. This includes playing the relations off on each other and turning on the waterworks if caught, swearing she'll never do it again (then turning around and doing it again, of course). She will lie, cheat, and steal, if that's what it takes, and has no qualms about doing it. She's also very sweet and affectionate, liberal with the bear hugs and messy kisses. In short - finkish, but loveable.

Skills: Does wrapping people around her pinkie count?

Weaknesses/Bad Habits: I think that's pretty much covered up there... Will do morally iffy things for her own benefit, without regard for other peoples' property or feelings. But it's more that she hasn't gotten it into her head yet that these things are wrong. And she's very ticklish.

Likes: Lemo, a disgustingly popular fuzzy red binome puppet (sound familiar? *G*), "helping" with chores and cleanup, playing with Frisket, spending time with Daddy, sneaking into Enzo's room, bossing the kids at daycare...

Dislikes: Getting caught, being ignored, bedtime, eating her greens (or the ReBoot equivalent..)


Cast relationships
  • Bob: Daddy is most every little girl's hero, and so is the case here. They spend lots of time together, especially after hours, when Dot's still working. He's most always patient with her, and she knows she's got him wrapped around her finger - but knows there are lines she can't cross, and wouldn't want him angry at her anyway.

  • Dot: Friction here. Dot is the parent who disciplines without having the luxury of fun time. Adena feels rather abandoned a lot of the time, because work always seems to come ahead of her. She gets angry at her mother for not being there, and lately seems convinced she doesn't care at all... She's often DemonSpawn when her mother's around.

  • Enzo: More of a sibling relationship than an uncle-niece one. Enzo's quite a bit older than her, but there's the usual fighting over property and personal space. A bit of a love-hate relationship, there. Mostly they enjoy each others' company, despite the squables. Enzo's been through the jealousy stage, the abandonment stage... now that's he's moving on (and doesn't live at home anymore!), it's easier for him to deal with her- like her, even! I just don't think he's very likely to admit it to anyone. ;)

  • Frisket: Loyal family pet! 'Dena's crazy about him. Frisket often doubles as a nanny in a pinch, keeping her occupied if whoever she's with gets called away (say, to a game) and there's a few nanos before someone else can get to her. He enjoys playing with her, but finds her a bit too energetic. Though 'Dena doesn't know it, Frisket's getting quite old...

  • Matrix: Totally oblivious to his discomfort, she likes to use him as a junglegym. He always looks like he's afraid he'll break her, and is pretty cautious when she's in his care. He knows Dot wouldn't hesitate to smite him if something happened to her, and he's not very fond of the doghouse. :P He appreciates that she's either unaware or doesn't care about the image he tries to project, and he can act however he wants around her without a raised eyebrow.

  • AndrAIa: Trusted confidante. Someone she can and does go to when she's feeling down and a bit angry because no one treats her like a "big girl". AndrAIa tends to act as a second mother, since Dot's understandably busy, but is infinitely cooler in Adena's eyes because she treats her like she has a brain.

  • Mouse: The only person who actually *encourages* Adena's "survival" behaviour. She treats her more like a person than just a child, and is loved dearly for it.

  • Ray: That "uncle" type who's always bringing back gifts from exotic places. What's not to like? They understand one another pretty well, but he's not about to let that get out. Would ruin that image. ;) One of the only people she feels she can go to and not be laughed at for being a "baby".

Fics featuring this character: Just Rewards, 'Lullaby'

Is author willing to 'loan out' character to other writers?: With a few conditions, sure. thrennish@hotmail.com


Have a comment or want to rate this character? (they can be anonymous at your request)
Email the Webmaster